[BangPypers] Python - Build Monitor :

Ramanathan Muthaiah rus.cahimb at gmail.com
Fri May 20 07:24:32 EDT 2016

Hello All,

Sorry for the lengthy post.

In the past meetups of Bangpypers, slot wasn't available to share about
this utility.
So, am posting some details on this topic.

Objective:
Generate (possibly extend to real-time monitoring) build status for any
project hosted in Jenkins.

For the purpose of showing howto generate pass/fail report (as piechart,
for example), I have used the REST APIs available at '
https://builds.apache.org/job/Hadoop-Hdfs-trunk/'. And, potting is handled
using matplotlib.

Note:

I have begun with build monitor for one project in Apache,
Hadoop-Hdfs-trunk.
Am sure, it should be possible to scale for this all the projects hosted at
'https://builds.apache.org

Next Steps:

(i) I plan to extend this further by archiving build details in mysqlite3.
(ii) Eventually, create a package / utility for build monitoring hosted in
Jenkins.

Jupyter notebook is here:
https://github.com/mramanathan/apache_buildmon/blob/master/V1/apache_hadoop_pacman.ipynb

If you are interested to fork / collaborate, Github repo is:
https://github.com/mramanathan/apache_buildmon

Welcome your feedback.

--
regards