[BangPypers] Good and practical resources to build Web Apps using Django

Arun Ravindran arunvr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:12:29 CET 2015

Hi Aby,

There are quite a few good Django tutorials, though none of them as
extensive as the RoR Tutorial:

   - Django Girls Tutorial
   <https://www.gitbook.com/book/djangogirls/djangogirls-tutorial/details>
   (available in PDF/ePUB/MOBI) - extensive and free
   - Test-Driven Development with Python
   <http://chimera.labs.oreilly.com/books/1234000000754/index.html> - free
   edition available
   - Official Django Polls Tutorial
   <https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/intro/tutorial01/> - Great for
   beginners

Shameless plug: if they are interested in video tutorials with text
transcript I recommend my four part Hacker News
<http://arunrocks.com/building-a-hacker-news-clone-in-django-part-1/>
tutorial.

Cheers,
Arun