[BangPypers] UI less Rest API server with flask

anu sree anusree.a04 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:36:02 CEST 2015

Hi,

I want to develop an API server (don't need GUI).
I am planning to use flask to develop this UI less API server.

Question-1:
I have seen an example here https://github.com/miguelgrinberg/api-pycon2015
But above example does not use flask_restful extension.
Here I need your help to take decision, Should I use with flask_restful
extension ?
what are the benefits of using flask_restful extension?

Question-1:
When I start or restart api server, it should fetch huge data from
somewhere (Eg:database) and process it in separate thread (it also make
some rest api call different services during the processing).
I am planning to create a thread inside the api server using *gevent* to do
this while starting the api server, is it right decision?
This fetching and processing of data should not affect the other operation
of the API server, that is I should able to make rest api call
to api server while it fetching and processing the data.

Thanks,