[BangPypers] Django - Infinte Loop

Anand Reddy Pandikunta anand21nanda at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:07:53 CEST 2014

I have overrided model save.
Moved couple of functions from models.py to tasks.py which lead to circular
imports.
Instead of importing models at the beginning of file, I've imported them in
the functions.

Thank you @krace, @navin, @pradip :)

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Pradip Caulagi <ppc.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 July 2014 01:13 PM, Anand Reddy Pandikunta wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> *models.py*
>>
>> *def my_func(sender, instance, created, **kwargs):*
>> *      # do something*
>> *      instance.status = 'task completed'*
>> *      instance.save()*
>>
>> *class MyModel(models.Model):*
>> *      status = models.CharField(max_length=100, blank=True)*
>> *      # some code*
>>
>> *signals.post_save.connect(my_func, sender=MyModel)*
>>

> Like others have noted, you should override model save.  Another option
> would be to use pre_save.  Just set instance.status and don't call
> instance.save?

- Anand Reddy Pandikunta
www.avilpage.com
www.quotes160.com