[BangPypers] [XPOST] Python Month is back as Python Express

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 11:45:35 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

Last year, along with PyCon India 2013, we have conducted Python workshops
in education institutions across India for one month. It was huge success
and we conducted more than 100 workshops.

This year, Python Month is back in all its glory, but with a new face and a
new plan. Python Month is now Python Express! There were two main
motivations behind this idea.

One is the tremendous response that we got last year both in terms of
trainers willing to teach, as well as colleges and institutions willing to
organize workshops. Both these factors made us think, "Why stop with just
one month?". Hence, Python Express is going to be an ongoing effort.

The second motivation was the lessons learned from organizing such an
initiative without the proper use of technology. A lot of time was spent in
match making and house keeping the records related to all the workshops.
After having understood what would save everyone's time when automated,
we've built this brand new website for Python Express!

Checkout the Python Express website:

http://www.pythonexpress.in/

WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?

Sign up as a trainer on the Python Express website and check the list of
colleges that are willing to organize workshops. If you find any of them to
be suitable for you to go and teach at, Express Interest in that particular
college. Once you are accepted, you will be notified and things can be
taken forward from there.

Sign up as a trainer now:

http://www.pythonexpress.in/trainers/signup

If you are interested in organizing a Python workshop, sign up as an
organization/institution on the Python Express website. The trainers who
have already signed up will be able to see your institution. If they are
interested, they will Express Interest in your institution. Once that
happens, you will be able to accept them and take it forward.

Register an organization now:

http://www.pythonexpress.in/orgs/signup

Spread the word and let us spread the love of Python far and wide.

Have any questions? Feel free to get in touch with us at
contact-at-pythonexpress-dot-in.

Sincerely,

The Python Express team
http://www.pythonexpress.in/