[BangPypers] Mailing list etiquette

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Aug 7 20:33:40 CEST 2014

On Mon, Aug 04 2014, Jeffrey Jose wrote:

[...]

> ​I'm curious how do you read your mails? Noufal, if my memory serves me
> right you're an emacs person. So emacs perhaps?
>
> I'm in the vim camp, so I use my browser for email.​

I download my email when I'm online and read them using either mutt or
Gnus (Emacs) in batches offline.

[...]

>> ​.. and since I use browser, I appreciate an email that's nicely
> formatted. Yes, that includes contextual information with embedded
> images.​

Fair enough. However, large attachments being duplicated on a *mailing
list* is unnecessary. That's the consderation. Things are different for
your personal communication.

[...]

--
Cordially,