[BangPypers] Beginner to Django Framework

Amber Jain i.amber.jain at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 14:27:50 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Saurabh Kumar <thes.kumar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Prasad Karani <prasad.karani at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >

> > Can you please help me with getting started with Django Framework as i
> have
> > start work on it sometime in near future (current work on java based Test
> > Automation and have basic knowledge of python). Please suggest me good
> book
> > for the same.
> >

> I would recommend you to go through Two Scoops of Django [1] after you have
> gone through the official docs [2].

+1 both for official docs and Two Scoops of Django. Official tutorial (and
the rest of the documentation) is the authoritative reference. Pydanny's
Two Scoops of Django  gets high praise in Django community (it boasts many
Django core contributers on it's technical reviewers list).

Another nifty resource is Kenneth Love's Getting Started with Django video
series: http://gettingstartedwithdjango.com/