[BangPypers] Announcing Bangalore::Hack 2013

Ashish Agrawal ashishoagr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 06:03:20 CEST 2013

Folks,

We are sending you this email to introduce you to Bangalore::Hack 2013, a hackathon for the developer community, brought to you by Sequoia Capital.

Bangalore::Hack 2013 is the inaugural version of an annual hackathon, meant for programmers who would like to come together and hack some cool ideas. There are no slides, no VC pitches, and no jackets (unless that’s how you roll). It’s meant to help you showcase to your peer community, locally and worldwide, and collaborate to building the future in an intense 24 hour burst.

Sequoia Capital believes that the world is changed by the application of technology. We have been fortunate to have closely witnessed the world changing many times in the past few decades. We believe fervently in the ability of hackers to do so, and we are   privileged and honored to play a small part in their journey. The aim of this hackathon is to get together and code. For folks who prefer to have ideas laid out as challenges, we will provide some. For folks who already know what they would like to build, this is a great venue to come build it out and collaborate with their peers.

We recognize that great software needs a confluence of people / ideas and disciplines. So as part of this event, we will have some of the best designers and UX architects mingling with you to help you design UI’s if that’s what you are trying to do. In addition, CTO’s, technical architects, distinguished engineers, chief scientists of various companies from India and abroad will be available as mentors to help guide efforts if you choose to avail of them.

To further up the excitement around this, we’ve asked Bill Coughran (http://www.coughran.net/wmcbio.html) to be the chief guest for this event, and also be available as a mentor and guide to the participants. Bill was Vice President of the Center that invented C / C++ / UNIX in Bell Labs. He was SVP of Engineering of Google when they built Chrome, Maps and Youtube. In the field of systems and infrastructure, there are few people like Bill, and this event is a great chance to hear from and interact with him.

We would love to see you at this event. If you are interested, please go to www.facebook.com/bangalorehack2013 and follow instructions to sign up for an invite. Also don’t forget to like the page to see updates on the event (and to get the event some publicity!!) and follow us on twitter @BangaloreHack

If you face any trouble registering, please send us a mail at bangalorehack2013 at sequoiacap.com

Feel free to forward to other great hackers you would like to see at the event.

TL;DR: Hackathon on Sept 14/15, come write some code, no slides required, cool prizes, great mentors, chief guest responsible for the invention of C/C++/Unix. Tech event of the year, don’t miss.