[BangPypers] Pyladies Bangalore

Annapoornima Koppad a.koppad at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 17:44:43 CEST 2013

Dear Devi,

Please find my answers inline.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Devi <asldevi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Annapoornima Koppad <a.koppad at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I recently started the Pyladies Bangalore chapter. I wanted to know how
> > many lady python programmers are on Bangalore python users group. I will
> be
> > really interested in the numbers in terms of,
> >
> > 1. How many lady python programmers are on Bangalore python users group?
> >

> I'm a one.

Kudos to being a lady programmer!!!

> > 2. How many are active in attending the Bangalore meetups?
> >

> None of the meetups, but attended most of Indian editions of PyCon. Gave a
> tutorial last year at PyCon India.
>

> > 3. How much is the participation of these women for any of Bangalore
> Python
> > outreach activities.
> >

> What do you mean by outreach activities?

Please see the answer below for this question.

> > 4. Of the active members, how many have been active in producing good
> > quality talks, workshops, etc.
> >

> AFAIK, there're very few active women on this list.

Combine your questions, answer  for 2, 3, 4, plus the fact that there are
three of us in a 1100 odd list. Please do the math. That combined with your
above answer, u pretty much answered your own questions. If you are still
not happy, shoot an email offline or join Pyladies Bangalore mailing list.
We have a growing community of women programmers and discuss quite a lot of
them.

> @Annapoornima
> Being an active user of Python, I'm curious to know what are the goals of
> PyLadies chapter. I've been listening to this list for many years now, but
> never came across any posts from you before this discussion. Would be great
> to know more about what you've been doing with Python lately.

Same here. Never knew you existed also..:-) Quite mutual ..! I am learning
python and helping others learn Python.

Just a couple of things, I am a Bangalorean. However I studied and did my
masters in US. And I shuttle between California and Bangalore a couple of
times in a year. I am very interested in Bangalore startup culture. Hence I
am trying to see what I can do to improve the less than .2% women
participation from Bangalore.

Its great to connect with an experienced lady python programmer. It will be
nice if you can come down and talk to some of the ladies to teach them
python programming.

Thanks for your email. Its always nice to know there is other ladies on
this list.

Thanks and regards,
Annapoornima