[BangPypers] Pyladies Bangalore

Devi asldevi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 09:13:48 CEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Annapoornima Koppad <a.koppad at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I recently started the Pyladies Bangalore chapter. I wanted to know how
> many lady python programmers are on Bangalore python users group. I will be
> really interested in the numbers in terms of,
>
> 1. How many lady python programmers are on Bangalore python users group?

I'm a one.

> 2. How many are active in attending the Bangalore meetups?

None of the meetups, but attended most of Indian editions of PyCon. Gave a
tutorial last year at PyCon India.

> 3. How much is the participation of these women for any of Bangalore Python
> outreach activities.

What do you mean by outreach activities?

> 4. Of the active members, how many have been active in producing good
> quality talks, workshops, etc.

AFAIK, there're very few active women on this list.

@Annapoornima
Being an active user of Python, I'm curious to know what are the goals of
PyLadies chapter. I've been listening to this list for many years now, but
never came across any posts from you before this discussion. Would be great
to know more about what you've been doing with Python lately.