[BangPypers] Jan 2012 Meeting minutes

Roshan Vid roshanvid at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:13:51 CET 2012

Venue: ZeOmega Infotech Pvt. Ltd., South End Road
Date: Jan 21, 2012

1 Activities.
--------------
   - Presentation on py.test by Baiju.
   - Presentation on datastore by Anand.
   - Presentation on Jenkins by Baiju.
   - Discussion on ideas to keep Bangpypers alive.

2 Ideas to keep Bangpypers alive.
----------------------------------
   - Regular meetings every month.
   - We decided to hold the meetings at different venues on the 3rd
       Saturday of every month.
   - The next one is on 18 February in Jain University (links to
       location will be sent out later). Agenda uncertain.
   - There was a suggestion to hold a meeting in the evening during a
     working day along with supper. This would need a hotel room with
     a projector or something similar.

3 Things to do at user group meetings.
---------------------------------------
   - Coding sessions with one senior programmer and a few junior ones
     around him.
   - Presenting other peoples presentations and discussions around
     them. (e.g. David Beazley's famous coroutine presentation).
   - Watch videos from PyCons around the world. Also, download and
     distribute them at the meetings.
   - Do meetings at colleges in the city to get students involved.
   - Setup a website (blog), twitter and facebook accounts so that
     people can stay notified. The website should have a page for
     employers too.

Author: Noufal Ibrahim

We now have a twitter handle(@bangpypers), a small blog(
http://pybangalore.blogspot.in/)
and a Facebook group(https://www.facebook.com/groups/bangpypers/). This
should help
get more people involved.

Any idea who has the pictures we took that day?