[BangPypers] Python ORM

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 17:20:45 CET 2012

On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 21:40 +0530, kracekumar ramaraju wrote:
> Out all examples and discussions, every one seems to recommend
> SQLAlchemy,
> but it has deep learning curve whereas storm, peewee are light weight.
> Have
> anyone tried any of these for non-trivial project or real life big
> sites,
> in case yes please share the experience.

my (highly prejudiced) opinion:

1. I would rather write raw sql than grapple with SQLAlchemy

2. Canonical are the bad boys of the open source world, so I would not
touch any of their products with a barge pole.

3. My vote is for peewee - it is django-like, and although I have not
tried peewee in production, it looks like just the thing I need for my
forthcoming android project.

ps. thanks for introducing me to peewee.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves