[BangPypers] something similar to file command for python

Amit Sethi amit.pureenergy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:49:52 CET 2012

Hi All , I am trying to read some file attachments being sent from
blackberrys . However blackberry compresses the document into base64 . Now
I am able to get the document by converting it back. However I wish to know
the file extension of the original document. Now I know file command reads
the document's header to find the file type . Is there some way of applying
the same concept with python . I do not wish to use subprocess.

Thanks
Amit

--
A-M-I-T S|S