[BangPypers] Dynamic Markdown & Textile Blog/content app

Arun Ravindran arunvr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 19:46:36 CET 2012

I was checking out Pelican and seriously started converting my Jekyll based
site but disliked many aspects of it:

1. Too much magic - The site structure is completely changed by Pelican in
the generated output. For example if you have pictures stored inside the
blog subdirectory, it has to be moved out to a common place. Another common
place must be defined for blog posts.
2. Template system was a tad too complex.

Overall, pelican has some good ideas and is being actively developed. But
it is not really suitable for a power user.

Regards,
Arun