[BangPypers] Python 2.7.1 build successful, however many modules failed on HP-UX 11.31 ia64 with aCC

Wah Meng Wong wah_meng at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 14:17:59 CEST 2011

Hi Senthil,

I want to provide an update here and close this issue.

1 and 2.) HP said +DD64 is not accepted by ld. So I am not utilizing the recommended setting in README file. Instead, I just pass +DD64 to CC, making it "CC=cc +DD64" and there is no issue in the building process. The LDFLAGS and BASECFLAGS setting in the README file is also not used. The CXX=aCC is used. I have provided feedback to bugs.python.org. Not sure if they will revert to me in changing the README file.

3.) ActiveState is my last resort. I am able to build built-in modules like _tkinter now. I am using "CC=cc +DD64 -I/home/r32813/local/include" and LDFLAGS="-L/home/r32813/local/lib -lxnet" and CXX=aCC only. /home/r32813/local is where I install my tcl/tk binary and library. : ). I am working on cx_Oracle build now. The module can be built however cannot be loaded. Hopefully I will make some progress soon.

I may open another issue more specific to cx_Oracle later. :  )

Thanks!