[BangPypers] List guidelines (was: [JOB] - Yahoo!)

Ramakrishna Reddy ramkrsna at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 15:01:03 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is obviously dividing the list into camps and that's not healthy.

Nothing wrong in one expressing their opinion, I would not take it as
unhealthy or it would divide camps. Its an open mailing list. OTOH
People being open about their views is a healthy sign.

> What is the official stance of the list owners on this kind of post? It
> would be good to know and state it so that this kind of thing is avoided
> again.

I'm okay with first time posters, even recruitment / commercial
posting is fine, as long as basic job email etiquettes. If we would
want to channel out all the commercial postings from the list, we
could ask the recruiters to post their requirement to the
http://www.python.org/community/jobs/ .

regards
--
Ramakrishna Reddy                                               GPG
Key ID:31FF0090