[BangPypers] [JOB] - Yahoo!

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Wed Sep 14 14:00:04 CEST 2011

On 13-Sep-2011, at 9:40 PM, Roshan Mathews wrote:

> FWIW, I didn't have an opinion on the OT job posting because I didn't
> read it.  But I must add that, it would be hypocritical to *not* poke
> fun at companies, especially bumbling, incompetent, soon to be extinct
> lumbering dinosaurs, (that don't do much beyond pooping all over the
> techworld) such as Yahoo! and ThoughtWorks! (see what I did there?)

+1. Censoring opinion does no one any good. I'm with Noufal and Roshan on this thread.

Public criticism can help companies get unstuck *really fast*, as I learnt about Y! last month in a separate incident. If, as in this case, any company wants to use a public resource to recruit, they should also be willing to explain why they are a good place to work. This is a fair expectation for their use of the resource. Instead, there's only been objection to criticism, which makes the company look all the worse.

Kiran