[BangPypers] [JOB] - Yahoo!

Ishan Chattopadhyaya ichattopadhyaya at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:49:43 CEST 2011

Gentlemen,
Python is so easy (read beginner-friendly), that its not worth mentioning in
skills. People don't ask for the ability to arrange A to Z in ascending
order for a communication job. Its only the cryptic languages (read Java or
other languages that you guys hate and was mentioned in the job skills) that
needs to be learnt, not Python. ;-)

On a more serious note, Python could be "learnt" or used on the job. Having
said this, I feel the whole concept of a "java job" or a "python job", no
matter how much you language lovers might like, is a dated concept. I would
be extremely surprised if Yahoo! would hire a candidate strong in Java or
Perl and then stop him from working in Python if the project that he chooses
to work on really requires Python.
Just my 2 cents ;-)
God bless one and all of you,
Regards,