[BangPypers] Read barcode input

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:17:21 CEST 2011

Asif Jamadar <asif.jamadar at rezayat.net> writes:

>>From the scanner.

[...]

This is not something django specific is it?

My understanding is that

1. You'll have to configure your device to work with whatever OS your
   web client is running on. Not the machine where the Django app is
   running.

2. You'll have to read the data and decode it using (possibly) the zbar
   libraries. Skimming over the docs says that it can read directly
   from the scanners.

3. Now you have the code and a decoded number. This needs to be put into
   the web browser. I'm not sure what's the "right" way to do this. You
   can cook up something with MozRepl but that doesn't sound
   "professional". Now it's in the browser.

4. Submit the form.

Django doesn't come into the picture at all.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

I am a deeply superficial person. -Andy Warhol