[BangPypers] [commercial] python/django training

Pradeep Gowda pradeep at btbytes.com
Mon May 16 02:03:11 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 1:13 PM, kaushik kalyanaraman
<dialkforkaushik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Santosh Rajan <santrajan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have been reading this thread with interest, and I think this whole thread
>> is degenerating into a level of immaturity.
>>
> <snip>
>> This is not about PAID or FREE. If you can train someone, for FREE for 3
>> months, FULL TIME, to become a productive software engineer, that would be
>> FANTASTIC.
> I have never posted to this list before although I have been around
> almost since its inception. I have had to make an exception to agree
> with the above. Some of the posts in this thread suggest either
> trolling or, pardon me, ignorant noobs.
>
> IMHO, and with the caveat that I am not a software engineer, I
> _believe_ that anything that is _gratis_ is not quite likely to work
> well and will generally be of questionable quality; however, if it is
> not, it shall almost certainly be an exception.
>
> I have no idea who Kenneth is other than through his posts that I have
> read in close to a dozen communities for nearly half a decade (some of
> which I am no longer part of). Also, unfortunately, I have no
> knowledge of Django and/or how it is used in software industry.
> However, given my impression, if he is offering such a course, and if
> I had a choice, I would rather shell out the 25 K. Again I am not well
> informed but if as Kenneth claims (and not in jest) that a month's
> (gross/net ?) pay is likely to be higher than the cost of his
> offering, then it becomes even more prudent to go with him rather than
> someone offering a freebie but is otherwise rather unversed.

This is the best response in this whole thread.

Indians often wonder why Indians can't build product companies.
That is not going to happen till people are ready to pay for a product
(which this training is) if it brings value to them.

I would rather pay 25K to work with a person who has been an active
programmer and has managed teams of programmers than to a
training institute where the trainers are senior students who hardly have
any real life experience.

Information is getting cheaper everyday, relevant knowledge dearer, as
it should.

+PG