[BangPypers] issues using constructor in unittest

Nitin Kumar nitin.nitp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:30:01 CET 2011

Hi Navin,

I can't use setUp as this will be called every time for each test cases, I
thought of using setUpClass decorator but there i can define self.

import unittest2
class XMLSupport(unittest2.TestCase):
        def __init__(self):
                super(XMLSupport,self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
                self.x = 3

        def test_3(self):
                print (self.x)
                self.x += 1

        def test_4(self):
                print (self.x)

I used this way as explained by you, still getting the same error.

Thanks
Nitin K

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Navin Kabra <navin.kabra at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Nitin Kumar <nitin.nitp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > See below small example. I am trying to have one constructor for a class
> > with unittest inherited.
>
> Avoid overriding the constructor of TestCase. That is not recommended.
>

> >                 self.x = 3
>

> Put this is "setUp" instead of the constructor
>
>               *unittest2.TestCase.__init__(self)
> >

> If you must do this, the correct way of doing it is:
>
>  def __init__(self, *args, **kwargs):
>    super(XMLSupport, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
>    self.x = 3

Nitin K