[BangPypers] Documentation using Sphinx

Pratap Chakravarthy prataprc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 17:15:15 CET 2011

Sphinx should do good. I have used it for documenting our CouchPy
library. A documented module source will look like this,
  http://code.google.com/p/couchpy/source/browse/couchpy/database.py

Which gets converted to HTML document like,
  http://packages.python.org/couchpy/modules/database.html

You can learn how to organise documentation for your package by
following this tutorial,
   http://sphinx.pocoo.org/tutorial.html
And for live example, follow *.rst files under
  http://code.google.com/p/couchpy/source/browse/#hg%2Fdocs
starting from index.rst file under the docs/ directory.

Cheers,

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Saju M <sajuptpm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying source code documentation using Sphinx. Here i have to
> copy paste all modules in to *.rst file, that is painful. Have any way
> to create documentation (doc for all modules, classes and methods in
> the project directory) from project folder quickly. I also plannig to
> add a code browsing facility in the document, for example: code should
> display if we click on a method/class name in the doc, does sphinx has
> this feature???  or what tool i have to choose for that ???.

Pratap.