[BangPypers] how to write Operating System in python

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 09:16:55 CEST 2011

Hello,

It might be tempting to write a desktop OS in Python...and it may also be a
very good learning tool for an OS course.
What really is needed is to have Python environment on smaller footprint
systems...the 'embedded' part of computing universe. They are everywhere are
rarely programmed in anything but C. We need to have a 'comfortable' way of
programming these systems in Python...pure Python.
If you can do that..that will be a HUGE step ahead for higher level
languages.

There is certainly work in that area going on...
- pymite
- SL4A (python on Android)...see the details on PyCon APAC 2011
- SNAPy (A Python VM from Synapse Wireless...see Pycon video on blip.tv. The
VM is proprietary
- M2M (Machine 2 Machine) communication and control solutions from Telit

Just another direction to whet your interest :))

Enjoy Python...

Best regards,
Vishal

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 3:28 PM, vikas ruhil <vikasruhil06 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to all for  useful information , Motivation and Inspiration to me  .
> As i have hobby to code in python might try put my effort with my best.now
> need to focus.
> Someone want  to share some more positive python related motivation ,help,
> documents , anything else !!

> > > can
> > > reagrd

> > What is your definition of operating system "in python" ?
> >
> > Several source files of cleese project are still in "C" (booting, malloc,
> > keyboard, cpu, video, ports ..... )
> >
> > -Mandar

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

---
"So say...Day by day, in every way, I am getting better, better and better
!!!"
"A Strong and Positive attitude creates more miracles than anything else."
"Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"
"Diamond is another piece of coal that did well under pressure”
"May we do good and not evil. May we find forgiveness for ourself and
forgive others. May we share freely, never taking more than we give."
"बहुजन हिताय, बहुजन सुखाय (Benefit for most people, Happiness for most
people.)"
The difference between "*ordinary*" and "*extraordinary*" is that "extra".
Its called by another name, "*preparation*". Extraordinary people prepare
themselves for situations that ordinary people choose to ignore.