[BangPypers] ZeroMQ & Python

Pradeep Gowda pradeep at btbytes.com
Sat Oct 30 19:17:02 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Gopalakrishnan Subramani
<gopalakrishnan.subramani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anybody had experience in using ZeroMQ? I heard that AMQP has flaw in the
> design through news posting. When I want to make independent applications
> who works based on message queue, it is worth considering ZeroMQ?

I am using ZeroMQ.
But, without knowing what is that you want to do with Message Queues, it is
difficult to argue for or against ZMQ/AMQP.

ZeroMQ API is very  simple and zeromq itself is trivial to setup
(No erlang dependency like RabbitMQ etc.,
it can be installed with standard ./configure && make && make install ).
Why don't you try a scaled downprototype of your app and share the findings.

I could not have used other MQs like RabbitMQ because of hardware limitations.
I'm using ZMQ (XREQ/XREP) to queue up read/write message to a hardware device.

+PG