[BangPypers] [Announcement] Training on "Extending Python using C"

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 20:52:30 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:00 PM, steve <steve at lonetwin.net> wrote:

> On 11/24/2010 02:07 PM, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 24 2010, Venkatraman S wrote:
>>

>> [...]
>>
>>   True. I dont think sharing the slides is going to do any harm in any
>>>  case; especially when the speaker is not known well; though its the
>>>  speaker's discretion to share or not.
>>>
>>>  Actually, i attend most of the sessions/conferences only when the talk
>>>  agenda/slides are available in advance.
>>>

>> [...]
>>
>> I haven't really decided. There's a mix of slides and notes. Some of it
>> will be online. I'm still undecided about how much.
>>

> Firstly, wish you the best with this !! Like KG mentioned, we could do with
> some more python programmers.
>
> On the topic of slides/notes, IMHO, free (as in freedom) documents are
> good. My recommendation would be to make your slides/notes available
> (possibly for a fee) under a CC-BY-SA (and possibly NC) license. This might
> also help people who cannot/do not want to attend the training but would
> like to buy/download the courseware.
>
> I understand completely the point about the time and effort it takes to
> create content (having conducted trainings myself) but that's a one time
> investment. Having free documents /might/ help you improve them via
> suggestions/patches from others.
>
> just my opinion.

+100

All Forms of Knowledge are born copyable . why we have to restrict from
anybody knowing from what we know ?

Knowledge is made of symbols irrespective of language ( mother tongue or
programming language ) language is made of symbols and all forms of symbols
are born copyable , restricting in any way will not be of any use

Any ways Keep in mind to put all your tutorials under proper license

Wish you all the best

> cheers,
> - steve

Renuka Prasad