[BangPypers] [Announcement] Training on "Extending Python using C"

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 08:31:40 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Roshan Mathews <rmathews at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 09:54, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I considered making it a free thing but dropped the idea. Preparing
> > something complete with notes and stuff takes up a considerable amount
> > of time (as I've found out) and I simply cannot just do it in my free
> > time.
> >
> > I've put my projects on hold to do this properly. I've even half built
> > an Emacs mode that will help in presenting the code. Designing and
> > testing all aspects of this course is pretty much my day job right now.
> >
> Fwiw, I still think this is fantastic.  I don't think you should share
> the notes for a paid talk (except maybe a teaser) unless you want to,
> and I wouldn't have asked if I had realized it wasn't free.

I see nothing wrong in Roshan asking for the material though
he might have missed it is a paid talk. He has a point even
if inadvertently.

IMHO, now a days, the right thing to do is to actually share
the material even if the actual talk is a paid one. People are paying
mainly for being in the class and getting taught by the speaker, not
only for the teaching material.

If the lecture is good, people will still come though the material
is free.

If not the whole material, then at least the code samples.

All the best for the talk.

> Roshan
>

> --
> http://about.me/rosh