[BangPypers] Any compiled all PEP's into pdf

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu May 27 13:25:20 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Srinivas Reddy Thatiparthy <
srinivas_thatiparthy at akebonosoft.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Does anyone compiled all PEP's into a PDF document or chm file.I searched
> the internet but didn't get it.If you guys  found pdf/chm file, please send
> the link.

Why do you need all PEPs compiled into PDF anyway ?
If you really need one, I suggest writing a simple script that
searches the PEP index, downloads the PEP text files and uses
pytext2pdf to convert it to PDFs.

If you want a single PDF, concat the peps together and call pytext2pdf
on it.

pytext2pdf can be obtained from
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/532908-text-to-pdf-converter-rewrite/
(yeah, I wrote it, so this is a bit of self-trumpeting!)

The PEP index is here.

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/
Crawl it using some crawler or Firefox (downthemall) and you
can do this. With HarvestMan, the whole thing can be automated
with 15 mins of programming.

--Anand