[BangPypers] python for parsing

Indudhar Devanath indudhar at gmail.com
Tue May 25 04:15:05 CEST 2010

On 24 May 2010 12:06, Rahul R <rahul8590 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Kunal , i am happy as well as sad  , happy because my job has become
> much simpler and sad because everytime i think of a novel (honeslty ) idea
> .. i see someone else has already executed it .. :(
>
> David Heinemeier Hansson once said that reuse is over-rated.  He wouldn't
have invented Ruby on Rails if he felt, "well, someone has already invented
what I thought would be cool to do."  And many were open source!  If you
think there were none implemented in Ruby, then think of Django.  There were
already huge number of web frameworks implemented in Python, yet Adrian and
Jacob felt they can do better.  There were many web based email solutions
before Gmail came to existence.  And they did a lot of things differently.
They broke rules.  I once read that somebody at the US Patent office quit
because they thought everything that can be invented has already been
invented.  Yet, there are lot of patents pending and more to come.  Let your
novel ideas flow, let them run wild and see what else you can come up with.
Change is the only constant and you will always have opportunities.  Good
luck.

- Indudhar