[BangPypers] if we compare Rails and django

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Sun May 2 00:53:37 CEST 2010

On Sunday 02 May 2010 2:08:50 am Jeffrey Jose wrote:
> I second suggestion of jQuery. I've had fantastic results with jQuery so I
> can totally recommend that. Also I remember reading about django and jQuery
> integration a while back - althou' I never really tried that myself.

django has a policy of being agnostic towards third party js toolkits. It
gives the hooks, but the choice of toolkit is left to the user. However, for
the admin, there seems to be a move to use jquery. But the admin is not part
of the django core - it is a contributed app. Of course JQuery rocks -
especially for people who do not know or want to know javascript.

> If you happen to choose django (and jQuery without any second thoughts for
> client side work) I'm just saying (from what I've read online) they get
> along pretty well.

all js toolkits get on equally well with django

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves