[BangPypers] Simple python database library

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:03:24 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:59 PM, steve <steve at lonetwin.net> wrote:

>  I personally prefer SQLObject because it comes across as being more
> pythonic than SQLAlchemy, of course YMMV.
>
> Quite likely .. but it doesn't try to be pythonic, its focused more on
staying consistent with its relational underpinnings. A ^C^V from the
documentation -

DBA Approved

Built to conform to what DBAs demand, including the ability to swap out
generated SQL with hand-optimized statements, full usage of bind parameters
for all literal values, fully transactionalized and batched database writes
using the Unit of Work pattern. All object-relational patterns are designed
around the usage of proper referential integrity, and foreign keys are an
integral part of its usage.
Non-Opinionated

SQLAlchemy places the highest value on not getting in the way of database
and application architecture. Unlike many tools, it *never* "generates"
schemas (not to be confused with issuing user-defined
DDL<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Definition_Language>,
in which it excels) or relies on naming conventions of any kind. SQLAlchemy
supports the widest variety of database and architectural designs as is
reasonably possible.