[BangPypers] Simple python database library

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 10:52:12 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any real harcode SQLAlchemy people here on the group? A talk
> on the ORM would be much appreciated I'm sure.
>

> I might add that I've worked with ORMs almost regularly since 1996 in C++,
Java and Python. SQLAlchemy has probably been the most successful ORM I have
seen which has managed to retain the balance between relational and object
paradigms (almost everyone else completely throws in the towel towards
providing an object API around database access). However as a result it
takes a little bit more time to learn. If one wants a finer control on the
relational side even while requiring a good object API, look no further than
SQLAlchemy.