[BangPypers] ActiveState/O'Reilly Launch New and Improved Code Share Site (Python) via @Bret

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 07:59:18 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Abhishek Mishra <ideamonk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Its pretty useful, though I prefer landing there from a google search
> at times, solved a few urllib issues.

Few things I liked about this.

1. Shows hits and rating per recipe right in the front page
2. Orders recipe based on a combination of #views and rating
    instead of submit time.
3. The "Fork this recipe" option - it is cool and I just made use of it.
4. License information shown on the recipe - so no ambiguity on this.

I didn't however like the "Hottest..." prefix. It sounds cheap and playing
the gallery.

> tfs
>
> Abhishek
>
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Shashwat Anand
> <anand.shashwat at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The site is the old one and still there but the* layout has changed* (I
> felt
> > so).

--Anand