[BangPypers] Internationals getting Python/Programming Jobs

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Mon Feb 8 08:00:05 CET 2010

Hi,

On 02/06/2010 03:04 PM, Srinivas Reddy Thatiparthy wrote:
>   >Umm, widen your choice beyond Bangalore. Consider places like Pune,
> Delhi (including NCR) and Hyderabad.
>
> In Hyderabad , I know of two companies which use python for Automation
> testing.
> One is Emerson Network Power
> Two is Intoto inc,Now part of freescale semiconductor.
>
> As noufal and steve said I don't know of  any companies which develop
> products in python in  Hyderabad(correct me if I am wrong?).

Umm, I didn't mean to imply that there are no companies which develop products
in python. I said "...there are a few companies that do use python for non-web
application development. I don't think there are any stats available though."

Since 2003, I've been lucky enough to work at product companies where 80% (or
more) of my code was written in python.

> Even in  Web development  also , I never heard of any company which
> thrown  an ad for Python/django dev's.
> May be, I could be wrong .
>
> Here  people are gung-ho about Sharepoint,.NET and Java and  am yet to
> see a coaching institute for python.

well, yeah, compared to the .NET and Java opportunities, the amount of python
work is less. However, I have seen a trend for most *nix based shops increasing
their use on python (as opposed to perl/C++/C) over the years.

For anyone interested (not just Rory), keeping an eye on ...
http://fossjobs.in/
http://www.python.org/community/jobs/index.html
http://django.specialtyjobmarkets.com/
http://plone.specialtyjobmarkets.com/

...might help (both for freelance as well as full-time work).

cheers,
- steve
--
random non tech spiel: http://lonetwin.blogspot.com/