[BangPypers] Refactoring

Vijay Ramachandran vijay750 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 17:11:45 CET 2010

 On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Anand Balachandran Pillai <

> abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Sorry to follow up my post with another one, but here is an old link fro
> JOS related to this, which is still relevant.
>
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000069.html

This post talks about completely throwing away the old code base - rewriting
- and not refactoring. The former is typically motivated by the universal
disdain one feels about inherited code and a certain amount of hubris, the
second is motivated by pragmatism, and a need to change the code base to
make it more maintainable and extensible. Two completely different things!

cheers,
Vijay

--
http://www.wisdomtap.in/ - find the right products to buy!