[BangPypers] What kind of applications can we develop with Python

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Fri Dec 3 15:49:34 CET 2010

Hi,

On 12/01/2010 05:22 PM, sreedhar ambati wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to Python.
> I am from PHP,Microsoft .net background.
> Can you tell me the real power behind Python language?

The real power of python comes from it's simplicity. It is a easy to learn, easy
to read and easy to program in language. It is great at providing powerful
programming constructs in a beautifully simple manner.

While other languages might seem simpler, they won't offer the same power
whereas those that might be powerful don't match python's simplicity.

> What kind of applications we can develop?

All kinds of applications. Since it is a general purpose language with a rich
standard library and also tons of freely available third party libraries.

> Please quote some real time projects where industries are using Python

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Python_software

you might recognize some of the names under 'Commercial uses' there ;-) and

http://wiki.python.org/moin/OrganizationsUsingPython

cheers,
- steve

--