[BangPypers] refactoring

Ramakrishna Reddy ramkrsna at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 13:33:01 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I know that this has cropped up in a parallel thread, but anyway I would
> like a new thread on this. In a LUG list a ruby guy made a statement
> that 'No self respecting developer could function without having read
> the refactoring book'. How relevant is this to python? I do not see much
> except years ago something called bicycle repair man - is that still
> used? or is this whole thing buzz?

Its not a Buzz for sure. Refactoring is just a neat name, which
developers have been doing for years. Its common among developers to
rework on their code bases. Have a better implementation for the same
function. Nothing to do with a Programming Language. Its a nice read
and recommended read for person dealing in Object Oriented Programming
on a daily basis with C++, Java. Python itself does not restrict you
to know OOPS to solve problems in python. To swear by a book,
methodology . Refactoring Book is not up there.  Not sure if the Book
got an update, It was a almost a decade ago since I read it.  The only
folks who made statements like that were freshers from Throatworks :P

regards
--
Ramakrishna Reddy                                               GPG
Key ID:31FF0090