[BangPypers] [JOB] Financial domain job at Kochi

Joe Paul joepaulp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 02:19:59 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I am in the process of setting up something in a very small scale for
analytics in equity side (like stock market, trading etc ) and wanted to see
whether there would be any one interested in taking up some thing like that.
The job will be based from Kochi, Kerala and it is currently in the basic
design phase. My experience all have been in data analysis for a fund
management company in US and now am thinking of setting up something of my
own. I have very little experience in programming and looking for some one
who can bring in that portion of the skillset to complement my experience in
data analysis.

Some of the basics

- person should be self motivated and should have entrepreneurial interest,
should be a go getter

- since this is not an established company or anything, it has its own risks

- rare opportunity to run your own shop

- should be able to see a project from inception to completion

More details/responsibilities will be based on skill/experience.

This is what I have in mind as a basic framework

-> A web UI + postgresql for the db (in some case sqlite or berkeleydb)

-> R/Splus (for most work in statistics), matlab, excel and numpy/scipy
depending on the case and strength

-> Python, to glue everything together

You don't need to know R/Matlab/numpy etc, if you know that it will be
great, but you will be in charge of python, frameworks, UI etc and also
gluing some of the utilities in C++ with python, things like that.

Idea here is to create tools and environment where we can use all these
tools together to do research work.

Again, couple of absolutes, person should be interested in financial domain,
should be interested to work from Kochi (some flexibility can be done),
should have the risk profile for such a job, should have the motivation to
run his/her own shop etc

If anyone is interested please send me an email with some
background/resume/what is your motivation etc to

joepaulp at gmail dot com. Also your expectation in terms of work and pay.

If you need to talk and get a feel of things, I am planning to come to BLR
for PyCon conference and probably we can chit chat and see if there is any
common interest. Please email me so I know some idea about who is
interested.

Thanks all for your contributions here.

Thanks

Joe paul