[BangPypers] Low level Python

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 14:50:35 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 8:10 AM,  <venkat83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was looking at some bytecode optimizations last year. Tlee had some
> work already done on that front ; he had a branch. (But, I was not able to
> reach him and get to know about the stuff.) I mailed python-dev and Raymond
> replied back on this -- there are some good bugs in bytecode optimizations
> that you can have a look at to start off. Also, hang around in #python --
> there are some really brilliant guys there. "@verve" helped me a lot on this
> front.
> >
> > I did not make any commits, but it continues to be a great learning
> experience.
> >
> > Reg unladen -- when I followed them in mar/apr this year , they were
> making some good progress. But the team was big I was not able to
>  assimilate all the knowledge(it was too fast for me). There is tonne of
> learning to be done.
> >
> > OTOH, start with The Dragon Book, to understand the parlance.
>
> Would you have the time to give a small presentation on your work at
> one of the BangPypers meetings? I for one would be very interested.

 +1. This is of some interest to me. I had contributed some test cases to
 another effort (parallel , not similar) named ShedSkin which was an effort
 to convert Python code to C++ by Mark Dufour. I got interested in the low
 level stuff through this.

 If we can have some ideas to share on Unladen Swallow, let us have
 a meet for it.

> --
> ~noufal
> http://nibrahim.net.in