[BangPypers] Help python to implement binary parser

Jins Thomas jinsthomas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:15:35 CET 2009

Hi all,

Thanks alot for all the previous helps i have got from this group.

I'm currently planning to implement a binary parser which can convert binary
or ASN1 files to text format. This i need  in a teleco background where
almost all the network elements provide binary/asn1 data format of call
events.

Would somebody tell whether python is a good option for this kind of parsers
compared to other languages. I felt like it's easier to implement in python,
but not so sure about the performance aspects compared to C/C++/Java/Perl.
I also saw one parser module at   http://www.acooke.org/lepl/

Would somebody please comment on this.

Thanks
Jins Thomas