[BangPypers] Responding to people who lack the curiosity

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:42:43 CEST 2009

2009/6/12 Srijayanth Sridhar <srijayanth at gmail.com>:
> As we speak:
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/339092
>
> Jayanth

Don't blame the poor chap here. Blame microsoft for that cryptic error message.

"'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

Does it mean 'nmake' is there and recognized as something else like a
text file? How can a newbie understand that nmake is not installed.

I have seen so many people not staring at the error messages just
because they think they can't make a sense of the error messages.
Which is true to some extent.

I remember some case like this in when I was doing my engineering.
After installing linux and using it for some days, it used to get boot
error "fsck: check forced". I didn't know what "check forced" means
and that was like a road block for me and all I could do was reinstall
linux from scratch again. I didn't had access to internet then,
otherwise I could have asked similar foolish(?) questions.

I think we should be kind for people asking such questions and show
them the right way instead of flaming.

Anand