[BangPypers] BangPypers Digest, Vol 22, Issue 1

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:12:23 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Gora Mohanty <gora at srijan.in> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:30:40 +0530
> testing123 test <swtest123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Venkatraman,
> >
> >               Yes,My requirement is to compait 2 XML Files are same or
> not.
> > Please help me in this regard.
> [...]
>
> o Use of a weird email address
> o Ignoring relevant replies
> o Inability to understand replies
> o No concept of how to ask questions
> o Quoting entire digests
>
> I smell a troll.

  Let us not get too harsh in judging a newbie (I know he joined today
  because I got a request to approve his posting as non-member which
  I did not). Most likely he is not clued in to the aspects of posting to
  tech forums.

  With that, to the O.P. Please make sure that,

 1. Try not to reply to digests, if you do trim the post tail.
 2.  When you ask a question, try giving a richer context,
      i.e why you want to compare 2 XML files ? For example,
     quoting the actual problem details would help.
 3. When sending a mail to list, try not to address a single
     person. The etiquette is to address to the list or simply
    say "Hi".
 4. Use a personal email address - swtest123 does not
     say anything about you.

> Regards,
> Gora

-Anand