[BangPypers] Execute Windows "shutdown" command through python !

™aßlเίlαslเ ► abhilash.pin2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 18:58:46 CET 2009

Hi,
     Yes 'shutdown' command is working absolutely fine from the command line
at Windows 64 bit,
but I have find something interesting is that :

import os
os.system("cmd")

After running above code at python, then from that command window, I try to
run the 'shutdown ' command,
and its giving the error . I tried to search the "shutdown.exe" file at
C:\WINDOWS\system32 from the same
command window, and it can't locate it, where as I can find it by windows
command line.

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Pradeep Gowda <pradeep at btbytes.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:22 AM, ™aßlเίlαslเ ► <abhilash.pin2 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > *import os
> > os.system("shutdown /?")*
> >
> > *its saying "shutdown is not an internal or external command or
> executable
> > batch file"*
>
> Is shutdown a valid command in the new OS?
> Atleast it looks like that from the error message.
>
> Try running `shutdown` from the command line and see whether you get
> the same error.

™aßlเίlαslเ ►