[BangPypers] mobile application development

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 20:07:59 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 12:25 AM, Mandar Gokhale <stallomir at gmail.com>wrote:

> [..]
> Of course, the wording of the OP is probably not what I would have used
> myself,

Yes. That was I think what ticked Pradeep off.

> but I guess in a society where we are not entirely at ease using
> English as our first language, nor confident enough to use our own
> entirely,
>  nonconformity is to be expected, isn't it?

Definitely. However, the question had an aura of laziness around it. A vague
one line question without any context or intention. Someone serious about
mobile development would have googled a little, found the common ways of
doing it (Java I guess?) and then perhaps come back to the list with a
concrete question on whether Python was a viable alternative and for some
information on it's pros and cons from people who've done mobile development
using the language.

> *tl;dr* : If some people have vague responses, it could be because they are
> vaguely interested in the subject. Is that sufficient grounds to shoot them
> down?

Vagueness begets vagueness. A totally accurate response to a query like
"  Is it possible for me to develop a mobile application using this
 language..."

would be

"yes".

How useful is that (although much more to the point than Pradeep's mail)?
Atleast here, the OP got instructions on what to do and must have learned
something from his posting.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in