[BangPypers] Issues with multiple instances of mod_python websites on the same machine

L.Guruprasad lgp171188 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 11:51:39 CET 2009

Hi,

Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Guruprasad <lgp171188 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [..]
>> All the users have their own copies of the web application and when
>> one user opens and navigates through the web application when other
>> user is doing the same with his copy, on clicking links and all, all
>> the addresses start getting changed into those of the other user and
>> not mine. We use Debian Lenny and the versions of apache2 and
>> mod_python shipped with them with the mpm-prefork module. How to avoid
>> such an issue.

I have found a solution to the problem from
http://mailman.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2009-December/026397.html.

The idea is to create a sub-interpreter for every published site by
using 'PythonInterpreter' directive. I can use directives like

<site1>
PythonInterpreter site1
</site1>

<site2>
PythonInterpreter site2
</site2>

where
PythonInterpreter directive has to be given a unique name that could be
anything.

Regards,
Guruprasad