[BangPypers] a dynamic status display thing...

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 15:51:20 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Navin Kabra<navin.kabra at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> If I understand right, you want to dynamically create an animation that
> shows what's going on with your process at runtime.
>
> The Python Imaging Library will allow you to create animated gifs - like the
> Quicksort one...

Two comments.
0. I haven't touched PIL lately but the last time I checked, it's
support for animated GIFs was somewhere between non-existent and
broken.
1. If you use a PIL approach, you have to run your whole process, keep
track of things and then generate an animated GIF which you'll put out
onto the webserver. This is not particularly useful since the work is
already done. It would be better to have Ajax based setup  which will
refresh regularly or some server side push mechanism.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in