[BangPypers] Re :Use of module (Include file) in Python???

venkata subramanian venkatasubramanian at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 14:45:55 CEST 2008

Hi Deepak,
 You can do this.
 It is using the keyword called import.

 The basic syntax is
import <your_module_name_here>

 example: import RegDesc

 then, you can do RegDesc.foo(bar)

 My friend had the same problem. He read the tutorial till
 one point and missed the part where they talk about modules
 and packages. So, go ahead and make sure you covered those topics.

 Like other languages, your module should be in a 'path' called pythonpath.
 you can do import sys and then type sys.path to know the path.

 All the modules in your current directory can be imported (well,
 without going into the nittie gritties of it).