[BangPypers] Email Bounce Detection

B.Nanda Kishore madhav.bnk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 08:51:36 CEST 2008

Hello everybody, I need a mechanism to detect email bounces. I tried
browsing through smtplib implementation and found not helpful in this case.
Actually it is said in the documentation that if a mail is sent to say: "
somerandomname at randomorg.com", then "*_send()*" in the SMTPConnection class
returns 550(Unknown recceipient). I checked the same but its not returning
550 and return 250(receipient ok).
Later, I tried getting the smtp error code from the mail body of a bounced
msg. the "*Message*" class doesnot have any error code attribute by default.
We need to get it from the mailbody(by *regex* ing), which i think is not a
valid solution, as "*550*" can occur anywhere in the body of any message
otherthan the bounced msg also.
Please help me regarding this.
Thanks in advance.

--
Regards
Nanda,
Email: nandakishore at orglex.com
"Without Breakdowns, there won't be Breakthroughs."