[BangPypers] What are opportunities for python programmers

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:32:05 CET 2008

Though Python is not an "entrenched" language in the software industry
as some of the biggies (Java, C# etc), it is a specialized skill and there is
demand for it.

As Ramdas said, many startups use Python since it helps in quick prototyping
and is an excellent glue language. Of course it is a stand-alone application
programming language also.

There are Python opportunities in big companies - names like Dell, HP,
Google come to mind immediately. Many companies use if for things other
than software development - stuff like test automation, build automation etc.

Personally I have worked in Python for HP and the startup SpikeSource in
Bangalore. I have been out of the pure Python software job market for
some time, but there must be new opportunities.

Then there is the market for Python web frameworks and associated skills -
CMS etc. A number of companies work here - ZeOmega, Mahiti etc.

There are many freelancing and consulting opportunities also for the
Python expert.

--Anand

On Jan 18, 2008 4:27 PM, Ramdas S <ramdas at developeriq.com> wrote:
> There are plenty of opportunities. Though not many are visible in large ads
> released by big companies. But many startups are looking for Python pros.
>
> regds
>
> Ramdas
>

> On Jan 18, 2008 3:09 PM, anubha sethi < sethi.anubha at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am working on my MCA project using python.
> > Please tell me about any interesting opportunities for Python programmers
> in Banglore for freshers.
> >
> > Regards
> > Anubha

-Anand