[BangPypers] Unsubscribe

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 08:34:25 CET 2007

On Nov 22, 2007 5:59 AM, Sridhar Ratnakumar <sridhar.ratna at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2007 12:26 AM, Debasish Panda <debasish.tech at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I had subscribed to BangPyper's mailing list few months back, when i was
> > quite interested in making a career with Python in Bangalore preferably. But
> > i could not fulfill my this dream, and had to be content with a job related
> > to some other field.

Unfortunate.  If I were you, I would still keep my subscription to the list to
learn more about the language and find out about openings in the industry.

Anyway, don't give up. I did Python for 2 years as a hobby before I got a job
on it. I have kept two full-time Python jobs so far. For FOSS language such
as Python, things work a bit differently from "commercial" languages like C#.
You need to have an affinity towards the language apart from just thinking
about it as a way to get a job. In your case, it seems to be missing.

All the best.

> http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html
>
> --
> http://nearfar.org/