[Async-sig] asyncio.Lock equivalent for multiple processes

Ludovic Gasc gmludo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 18:05:16 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm looking for a equivalent of asyncio.Lock (
https://docs.python.org/3/library/asyncio-sync.html#asyncio.Lock) but
shared between several processes on the same server, because I'm migrating
a daemon from mono-worker to multi-worker pattern.

For now, the closest solution in term of API seems aioredlock:
https://github.com/joanvila/aioredlock#aioredlock
But I'm not a big fan to use polling nor with a timeout because the lock I
need is very critical, I prefer to block the code than unlock with timeout.

Do I miss a new awesome library or do you have an easier approach ?

Thanks for your responses.
--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)